Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Lesson #8 - When You've Gotta Go ...
Country Lesson #8 - When you've gotta go, it just can't wait. The girls have been transitioning to city life relatively smoothly. Marigold and Rosie thoroughly enjoy being able to sleep inside the back porch, and I love only having to allot 20 minutes to cut the grass. I can get ice cream and sweets any time I want, any where I want, and I live less than a block away from Kroger. I have yet to get gas. We've had a few interesting mishaps thus far. I caught the oven on fire, so we've been without an oven for the last week and a half. I'm used to cooking with an electric oven, and I keep all of the cookie sheets and pans under the oven. This becomes problematic when you also keep a bamboo cutting board under the oven and it catches fire on the flame of the gas oven. Luckily, there was little to no damage, minus the oven itself. Ducks, squirrels, and geese have become fascinating to the girls recently. They showed me their fascination yesterday when they pulled me into a muddy creek while attempting to chase ducks on our walk. Unfortunately for Marigold and Rosie, ducks can fly away. Marigold hasn't quite figured out how to go to the bathroom in the grass on our walks. When the urge strikes, Marigold goes right in the middle of the sidewalk and refuses to wait for me to pick it up. My keys, phone, and their leashes have all fallen victim to her uncontrollable urges and my attempts to pick them up. I am a walking sideshow on our daily adventures together, as they pull me every which way, but they keep me on my toes and make me smile. I look forward to more adventures in the city with them. Country Lesson #8 - Life be pretty wonderful if we all had the "gotta go," seize the moment, free attitude of the dogs, minus the public use of the restroom :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment